Main Features of Microsoft Encarta
Encarta is an online encyclopedia that contains more than 60,000 articles and hundreds of images and videos. It has several features that make it easy to use while you learn:
- Search by keyword, subject or topic and browse articles by category. You can find related topics based on your search results by clicking on Related Articles under each article title.
- Find answers quickly through an A-Z list of topics in alphabetical order organized by letter range (A-C), or topically organized into 21 broad categories such as History/Geography/Biographies
- Browse the Timeline for a visual representation of events in history or use the People Finder to find famous people and learn more about their lives, achievements and role in society.
- Watch videos, listen to audio files and read magazines from around the world through Encarta’s multimedia feature.
Kids Microsoft Encarta – Some Pros and Cons
Encarta is a great resource for teachers, students and anyone who loves learning about a wide range of topics. It’s easy to use, fast and reliable.
As you can see above, there are a lot of great benefits to using Microsoft Encarta. The biggest advantage is that it’s easy to install on any computer with an internet connection. It also offers lots of features that make research easier, such as the ability to search by keyword or topic instead of just looking at the entire web page.
However, there are some downsides too: Encarta doesn’t always work well with mobile devices like tablets or smartphones because they don’t have enough storage space; plus some people may not want all their personal information stored on someone else’s servers!
Another negative is that it doesn’t come with a user guide or manual, so you have to look it up on the Internet if you have any questions about how to use this reference tool.
Finally, Microsoft Encarta is not as comprehensive as other online encyclopedias like Wikipedia or Answers.com, but it does have a lot of information organized into easy-to-find categories.
Microsoft Encarta Alternatives
As Encarta has been discontinued by Microsoft, if you’re looking for a dictionary and encyclopedia, consider one of the following:
Wikipedia: This site has plenty of information on pretty much anything you can think of, from history to popular culture. The content is created and edited by users, so it’s constantly being updated with new entries.
Dictionary.com: This site offers a free online dictionary with over 200,000 definitions for words in English, Spanish and French; plus synonyms; antonyms; word origins; language lessons; usage guides; quizzes; and more! It also has blogs from writers all over the world as well as an online forum where people can discuss grammar issues in real time (and make friends!).
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary & Thesaurus: Offers definitions along with pronunciation guides, parts of speech listings which show related terms based on context clues provided by each entry’s definition or example sentence.”
How to Install Microsoft Encarta for Kids:
1. To get started, click “Next”
2. You’ll then be brought to a screen where you can choose your ‘install type’. Here, check “Copy to Hard Drive”, then click “Next”
3. Tick any desired extra components:
4. Finally, ensure your install location is in an easily locatable part of your desktop, for example ‘C:Program Files’
5. You are good to go!