Robert Topala, a software developer based in Sweden has come up with this unique idea of combining kids’ geometry with arcade-style gameplay to form Geometry Dash. This fun game is a series of five video-based games which have a total of 21 official levels.
The gameplay revolves around guiding or navigating a small square through an obstacle-filled path which becomes increasingly more difficult as the levels progress. To navigate the square, all that you are required to do is tap on the screen to make it jump and tap and hold to make it jump continuously. The game works fine both on Android as well as iOS devices and can also be played on a normal desktop computer or laptop.
Although Geometry Dash may sound like a pretty simple game, it is actually far from being so. The earlier levels are definitely easier as they are just meant to let the player get familiar with the game. However, difficulty increases as the game progresses. The game has been developed in such a way so as to encourage players in trying out the levels. Geometry Dash manages to balance the gameplay between challenging and satisfying so that when you finally beat all the levels, you are sure to be left with a feeling of achievement.
• Difficulty level: The gameplay includes many challenging features such as mid-air disks which prevent the square from jumping, along with the instant death feature if you hit any of the obstacles, even once. This makes the game quite challenging and not an easy feat, even for adults.
• Practice mode: There is a practice mode for those players who are finding the levels hard to beat. The practice mode creates automatic checkpoints so that the player does not have to go back to the starting point when he hits an obstacle.
• Level editor: Geometry Dash also provides the players with a level editor through which they can get all creative with the game and design their own levels.
• Customization: Your character can be customized by unlocking new colors and icons as you pass through the levels.
• Soundtrack: Each level has its own unique soundtrack which makes it all the more fun for the players to play this rhythm-based game.